Irish Dance Classes
Our Irish dance classes are designed to promote continuous improvement in a fun and steady-paced environment. All classes are taught in a fully equipped studio with a top fo the line professional sprung dance floor and a diverse set of dancer wellness training equipment.
|4:15 - 5:00||Junior 1-B|
|5:00 - 5:45||Junior Jig-Fit™|
|5:45 - 6:30||Junior 1-A|
|6:30 - 7:30||Adult 1|
|7:30 - 8:30||New Company Member Choreography|
|8:30 - 9:30||Adult 2|
|4:15 - 5:15||Junior 2|
|5:15 - 6:15||Elite Junior|
|6:30 - 7:30||Jig-Fit™|
|7:30 - 9:00||Elite Senior|
|Rochester Irish Connection|
|4:40 - 5:10||Tiny Toes|
|5:10 - 6:00||Jr. Company (J1)|
|6:00 - 7:00||Jr. Company (J2)|
|7:00 - 7:30||Jr. Company (Flyer)|
|7:30 - 9:30||Sr. Company|
|Rochester Irish Connection|
- Adult Beginner Irish Dance
- This class is the starting point for adults new to Irish dance or for adults who may have Irish danced a long time ago, but are a little out of practice. It covers all the basic positions, techniques, and traditional Irish dances for beginners. Students will also be introduced to contemporary Irish dance choreography and traditional Ceili group dancing. Each class is 60 minutes long, and allows for proper warm-up and cool-down drills to improve stamina and flexibility while reducing the risk of injury. So come out and discover fun, fitness and friendship through Irish dance – we can’t wait to welcome you to your first class! Sign up now!
- Jig-Fit™ Technique
- Jig-Fit™ Technique is an exciting Irish dance technique class which combines Irish dance techniques and drills to high-energy music and rhythms for a total body, sweat pouring workout. It’s the perfect complement for any Irish dancer, regardless of whether they are new to the art, a seasoned competitor, or an on-stage performer. This class promises to improve your technique, balance, timing, and coordination in Irish dance by working out essential muscle groups in your legs, glutes, back, and abdominals. And we'll will be right there with you every step of the way, motivating you to keep going while checking your technique. This class is open for all skill levels of Irish dance. Sign up now!
- Junior Irish Dance 1 & 2
- Motor City Irish Dance teaches traditional Irish dance classes for kids, split between two levels, with a focus towards performance rather than competition. Junior 1 is for beginners and teaches the foundational positions, techniques, and traditional Irish dances - mostly soft shoe and some hard shoe. Junior 2 is for Irish dancers who are proficient with soft shoe and hard shoe dancing, and covers more advanced techniques and dances. If you are unsure which class your child would fit best in, please contact us so that we can advise you.
- MCID Company Training
- The Motor City Irish Dance Company training is designed to intensively prepare dancers with solo and group choreography for dazzling on-stage performances. Dancers in this group will perform what they learn at different venues over the year, including festivals, charity events, cultural shows, and possibly even TV. Our performers concentrate on more advanced traditional and contemporary Irish dance techniques and choreography. Students in the company can expect to become brilliant Irish step dancers, with a flair for fun innovation and an entertaining spark. Anyone wishing to join the performance company must receive the Director’s approval. We are always actively recruiting new dancers so if the Motor City Irish Dance performance company sounds like something you would enjoy and thrive in, please contact us.
- Be respectful to everyone. Be respectful to the studio environment.
- Arrive on time so you do not miss your warm up.
- Always wear appropriate footwear during classes
- Only water permitted in the dance room. No food or sugary drinks please.
- Be neat and tidy. Store bags and personal items away from high traffic areas.
- Be considerate with your noise level while classes are in session.
- If you make a mess, please clean it up.